|Job Title:||Technical Service Technician – International|
|Company:||GrowSafe Systems Ltd|
|Reporting to:||Global Marketing Director / Technical Services Director|
|Salary Range:||Depending on qualifications and experience|
About the company
GrowSafe is the foremost global technology company for Production Animal Efficiency, pioneering predictive analytics on an individual animal basis; using cutting-edge technologies to support producers in making more informed decisions about their animals.
GrowSafe’s advanced data acquisition platform features integrated hardware and software to collect and process data, providing producers with information to make better decisions for their operations.
Today, GrowSafe is helping to raise more efficient animals in 22 U.S. states, seven Canadian provinces and on farms in Mexico, Australia, Brazil, Uruguay, Namibia, South Africa, New Zealand, Russia and Europe.
The Technical Service Technician – International is a vital role within the organization, taking responsibility for ensuring GrowSafe clients outside of North America are continuing to capture high quality data. The role combines practical and technical experience of agriculture, data management, computational analysis, and technical services.
You will be responsible for daily software support and service for existing and new international customers through a combination of field visits, telephone and video calls, email and remote computer access. Day-to-day responsibilities includes on-site maintenance and repairs to data collection hardware, remote management of software and client data collection, and client training.
This role will be based in Europe and will be a remote member of Technical Services team located in Calgary, Canada. Direct reporting will be to the Director of Global Marketing.
- Conduct daily remote system software monitoring, trial management, preventative maintenance and follow defined escalation procedures and documentation in reporting problems, repairs and new opportunities.
- Perform customer training sessions and provide continued remote customer support with limited direct supervision.
- Lead and assist with field installations of hardware, including undertaking corrective procedures during installations.
- Assist with, and complete, new customer site assessments pre-installation.
- Troubleshoot and repair hardware and software issues (training will be provided).
- Build strong relationships with GrowSafe customers and colleagues.
- Manage customer communication in professional and courteous manner.
- Communicate with Head Office to provide status of service and daily system monitoring.
- Maintain and secure any assigned tools and equipment.
- Attend staff meetings, training and conference calls as directed.
Skills and abilities
- Languages: Fluency in English and Russian is required. Fluency in other languages is a benefit.
- Computer and data analysis experience is required, together with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Must be able to understand technical information and technology.
- Must be able to demonstrate a history of earning client trust and build lasting client relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written, presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to possess a Passport and willingness to travel overnight approximately 60% of the time to include some weekends.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a technical service role is required.
- A background or experience in large animal agriculture is required.
- Experience with cattle management and /or in a production animal field is preferable.
- Must be self-motivating and work well within a team environment.
- Experience and knowledge in cutting-edge ag technology sector is a plus.
- A keen interest in improving global livestock production is a necessity.
- Current valid passport and drivers license is required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org