GrowSafe is the foremost global technology company for Bovine Efficiency, pioneering predictive analytics on an individual animal basis, using cutting-edge technologies to support producers in making more informed decisions about their animals. In recent years GrowSafe has significantly expanded its operations in the agriculture sector, and forecasts show this market will continue to grow at a fast pace. GrowSafe is now seeking a Data Analyst to join our team in Calgary, Alberta.
The Data Analyst provides end of trial reports and trial support for customers through telephone, email, and remote computer access in accordance with GrowSafe’s Data Analytics program. Using diagnostic software and tools you will ensure GrowSafe livestock monitoring and data acquisition systems installed around the world are performing at optimal levels.
This role requires strong analytical, problem resolution and communication skills. You will support GrowSafe customers and work closely with our technical support representatives, operations and installation teams to ensure our customers’ satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop customer data analysis reports summarizing animal performance
- Assist with the design and development of new software development tools
- Provide analytics software service and support via telephone, email and in person
- Lead change through continual improvement initiatives
- Foster a positive work environment through collaboration and teamwork
- Use software analytics tools and techniques to process animal data
- Track time, costs and resources against projects
- Develop an in-depth understanding of GrowSafe system data, processes and analyses
- Develop, maintain and document data analytics products and techniques
- Provide feedback to engineering on improving tools and processes
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Data analysis and reporting skills
- Project management, budgeting and projection skills
- Strong software aptitude and knowledge
- Proven data interpretation skills for animal data relevant to animal health outcomes
- Provide advice and insight into animal handling and welfare
- Customer service focussed with strong team orientation
- Bachelor or Masters’ Degree in Science, Computer Science or Agriculture or a combination of related education and experience
- Previous data analysis experience is required
- Cattle Industry knowledge and experience is desired
- Ability to speak additional languages is an asset
This role is located in Calgary, Alberta at the Canada Olympic Park office tower. GrowSafe offers its employees a great work environment with competitive compensation and benefits. This position may require travel on occasion and candidates must have or be able to get a passport to travel. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates who are invited for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org