GrowSafe is the foremost global technology company for Bovine Efficiency, pioneering predictive analytics on an individual animal basis, using cutting-edge technologies to support producers in making more informed decisions about their animals. In recent years, GrowSafe has significantly expanded its operations in the feedyard sector, and forecasts show this market will continue to grow at a fast pace. Given the large volume of data that we receive from these feedyards we are recruiting to increase our team of analysts.
GrowSafe is recruiting for a dedicated Feedyard Data Analyst. In this role you will be responsible for analysing and interpreting collected feedyard data, building data models and advanced analytic programs, and developing output reports and recommendation for customers. Additional responsibilities include working with the GrowSafe analytics team in reviewing and optimizing current data analytics processes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and implement data handling protocols for the feedyard part of the business
- Optimize current and develop new APIs for working with large feedyard clients
- Build advanced data models to analyze and interpret data collected from feedyard clients
- Develop insightful reports that can help our clients improve their business decisions
- Roll out any new relevant processes and insights across all parts of the business
- Serve as a point of contact for customer analytics and research teams in the area of data management, modelling and analysis
- Collaborate with and interact as a key team member of the Research and Analytics teams to help ensure we continue to collect, structure and analyze data in an optimal manner.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Effective positive people skills to interact with clients and teammates in a courteous and professional manner in person, by email, and telephone
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team-based environment, align with and influence internal and external stakeholders, and build and manage relationships at all levels of the organization
- Adept at working in highly fluid, complex, ever-changing environments
- Process and project oriented with developed attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written, presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Technical aptitude to quickly understand technology and information
- Willingness to perform additional functions and duties across the company as needed
- Experience of working in the field of computer programming and data modelling
- Experience of working with large volumes of data
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant field is required
- An ability to program in Python, C++ or other suitable language is required
- Background in agriculture is highly preferable and experience and knowledge in cutting-edge agriculture technology sector is a strong plus
Located in Calgary, Alberta at the scenic Canada Olympic Park office tower, GrowSafe offers its employees a great work environment with positive and professional colleagues and competitive compensation and benefits. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates who are invited for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Agriculture: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer Programming: 2 years (Preferred)
- Python: 1 year (Required)
- Data Modelling: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
- current eligibility to work in Canada (Required)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com